The Aesthetic Grace

Monday, November 11, 2013



Over the weekend I went to visit my grandmother, Mama. She is a spunky and fashionable 92 years old! My grandmother is beautiful inside and out. She is very poised and graceful. My Mama instilled in me at a young age to always look your best and to never leave the house without lipstick! Ever since I was a little girl I loved jewelry. My grandma would let me spend hours in her room playing with her fur coats and pearls. I believe my love of fashion started here.

Vintage pendants, necklaces, furs, lamps and mirrors surround you when you enter the room. Every piece is perfectly in its place and very organized. I had to take a photo of the beauty in this room. A photograph of my grandmother and her sister rests on her dresser. Vintage pendants lie perfectly in their jewelry box. A pendant from my great grandmother is a piece of jewelry I treasue that my grandma has passed down to me. It is beautiful and dainty, perfect for myself. I gained a lot of traits from my grandmother like our creativity and love of fashion and art. We share a passion for art and beauty. I am lucky to have a grandma that helped shape me into the woman I am today. My grandmother is my role model. 

I hope to one day have a vintage collection like my grandma's. There just is something special about having jewelry passed down throughout time. Each piece signifies a story and is unique. 

No comments:

Post a Comment